Tribal Council wants Lumber River renamed to honor Lumbee
Tribes get hearing Tuesday
Developer: Exit 10 project ‘not a done deal’
County gives way for UNCP land buy
Council denies bid for downtown car wash
- R.B. Dean and Southside Ashpole both low-performing - 11:55 am
- Key support lacking in request to change river’s name - 11:11 am
- Tribal Council wants Lumber River renamed to honor Lumbee - 11:03 pm
- Tribes get hearing Tuesday - 7:20 pm
- House panel to take up Lumbee recognition - 4:32 pm
- Filing period ends Thursday for Lumbee election - 1:06 am
- Developer: Exit 10 project ‘not a done deal’ - 10:24 pm
- County gives way for UNCP land buy - 5:13 pm
- Schools look to sell Pembroke property - 8:26 pm
- FEMA puts freeze on Matthew aid because of Harvey, Irma - 12:38 pm
- Pipeline push hits clog - 6:47 pm
- Local legislators get committee assignments - 2:28 pm
- Council denies bid for downtown car wash - 8:01 pm
- Local teacher picked for advisory panel - 11:52 pm
- Hearings on car washing, grant on city council agenda - 6:10 pm
- Strickland seeks re-election on Tribal Council - 4:46 pm
- Walk aims to keep alive memory of first responders who died in 9/11 attacks - 4:19 pm
- Britt won’t seek 7th term as county district attorney - 2:25 pm
- United Way takes aim at $580,000 - 11:17 pm updated: 11:18 pm.
- County schools show improvement in grade - 8:35 pm
- City tables requests for gaming permits - 3:36 pm
- Pet adoption at Petsense on Saturday - 2:36 pm
- City officials: Keep yard debris away from gutters - 11:16 am
- Zoning change green lights LREMC on new headquarters - 8:42 pm
- Smithsonian puts spotlight on Lumbee - 2:44 pm
FEMA puts freeze on Matthew aid because of Harvey, Irma
RALEIGH — The Federal Emergency Management Agency has frozen funds from its Public Assistance and Hazard Mitigation grant programs that are earm...
Pipeline push hits clog
RALEIGH — The effort to get approval for the construction of the Atlantic Coast Pipeline through North Carolina has hit a clog.The North Carolin...
Local legislators get committee assignments
RALEIGH — The members of Robeson County’s five-member delegation to the state General Assembly have been appointed to various committees a...
Council denies bid for downtown car wash
LUMBERTON — A bid to establish a car wash in the B-1 central business zone was denied Monday by Lumberton City Council.Council members voted not...
Local teacher picked for advisory panel
RALEIGH — Dee Grissett, the career and technical education coordinator for the Public Schools of Robeson County, has been appointed by Gov. Roy ...
Hearings on car washing, grant on city council agenda
LUMBERTON — A public hearing on a request to pursue a Community Development Block Grant that would fund sewer expansion at Rosewood Mobile Home ...
Playing with an edge
RED SPRINGS — Whether he’s snatching rebounds, diving on loose balls, or powering his way to the basket, Eric Graham is relentless on the ...
Fairmont boys stay perfect, Lady Mustangs bounce back
Williams posts double-double as Fairmont boys stay perfectBehind a double-double from Alshaquan Williams, the Fairmont boys basketball team claimed an...
UNC beats Wake despite poor shooting
CHAPEL HILL — North Carolina got away with Marcus Paige having one of his lowest-scoring games because Brice Johnson came through with one of hi...
Pirates, Rams win wrestling events
LUMBERTON — Robeson County had all three of its wrestling teams in action on Wednesday night, with Lumberton and Purnell Swett earning top honor...
Rising to the occasion
ROWLAND — With his team facing a deficit heading into the fourth quarter, Red Springs coach Steve Sinclair pulled his starting guards to the sid...
McGirt off to best start of PGA Tour career
William McGirt is off to the best start of his PGA Tour career as he continues his sixth full season.Despite a lack of practice and time away from the...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
(tap to edit)...
Summer programs booming at the library
Summer reading is booming at the library. All ages can “Build a Better World” through reading. Come into your local branch of Robeson Coun...
Locally produced grape ice cream has become a favorite cold treat during Lumbee Homecoming
PEMBROKE — Even the family that makes and sells grape ice cream doesn’t know exactly why it’s such a big deal during Lumbee Homecomi...
Lumberton leaders plan day of encouragement and rejuvenation
LUMBERTON — A City-Wide Rejuvenation Day in Lumberton will be held from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Aug. 12 at the Raymond B. Pennington Athletic Co...
Amanda Kaye Powers and Aaron Bradley Meares were married on June 24.The couple exchanged vows at the home of Richard and Lenore Taylor in Lumberton. P...
Jeff Little Trio set to perform July 29 at the Sunrise Theater in Southern Pines
SOUTHERN PINES — Imagine for a moment, if you will, the first time you witnessed the incomparable musicianship of the traditional-Americana lege...